Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Nas - Illmatic



What can I say about this album that everyone hasn"t already said? It's my favorite hip-hop record of all time. It's in my top ten, ever. It's probably the only debut album to ever get 5 mics in Source Magazine. It's an undeniable classic with production from Pete Rock, Q-Tip, DJ Premier...it's Nasir Olu Dara Jones at his absolute best. I can't even name a favorite song off of this. Maybe N.Y. State of Mind? Maybe The World Is Yours? I don't even know and don't make me give you a straight answer. I listen to this record at least weekly, and my last.fm can probably attest to this. Download this if you don't have it, and don't tell people you didn't own it before. While Pac and Biggie were out in the limelight, Nas dropped the best New York hip-hop record fucking ever.

download

p.s. Sorry I haven't been posting every day. Internet problems. But it's solved!

No comments: